In compliance with the The Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) developed by the Council of Ontario Universities, York has developed and implemented the York University Quality Assurance Protocols and Procedures (YUQAP) as the core of its quality assurance process. The YUQAP applies to all York undergraduate and graduate degree/diploma programs, whether offered solely or in cooperation with other institutions. It outlines the York University’s Quality Assurance Procedures for
- New degree program approvals
- New programs with expedited approvals
- Major modifications
- Cyclical program reviews
- Closure of programs
At York the Vice-Provost Academic oversees the administration and reporting functions associated with the York University Quality Assurance Procedures, working closely with colleagues in Senate and across Divisions/Faculties on program development and program reviews, For detailed information about the YUQAP and related procedures and forms, please visit http://yuqap.info.yorku.ca/
TC QA Support
At Teaching Commons, we provide supports to programs who are/will be undergoing Cyclical program reviews, new program approvals, and major modifications. If you would like to get support , please feel free to contact the education developer for your Faculty/department as listed below.
- Programs in Lassonde School of Engineering, Faculty of Education, and Faculty of Environmental Studies, contact Dr. Mandy Frake-Mistak, email@example.com
- Programs in Faculty of Health and Schulich School of Business, contact Ms. Lisa Endersby, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programs in Osgoode Hall Law School, School of Arts, Media, Performance & Design and Social Sciences within the Faculty of LA&PS, contact Dr. Natasha May, email@example.com
- Programs in Faculty of Science and the Faculty of LA&PS Professional Studies, contact Dr. Natasha May, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programs in Glendon and Humanities Department of the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS), contact Dr. Geneviève Maheux-Pelletier, email@example.com
Highlights of Program Revision and Curriculum Reform
TC Cyclical Program Review (CPR) Support
All undergraduate and graduate degree/diploma programs are required to be reviewed within 8 years of the previous cyclical review for quality improvement and assurance purposes following the protocols stipulated by the YUQAP.
CPR Rota Schedule
The CPR process and tasks are illustrated in pages 20 to 28 of the YUQAP . Guidance and templates for the program cyclical review are made available through the York CPR website http://yuqap.info.yorku.ca/cyclical-program-review/
Teaching Commons’ Support
Teaching Commons has various supports to academic units in their CPR exercises. Our supports focus on providing workshops and consultation and facilitation services to help academic units draft self-study reports. If your program will be undergoing the CPR , an educational developer will be assigned to your program to provide dedicated support. Please refer to the document below for highlights of the TC 2018-2019 CPR support highlight.