This is a one year program for faculty to explore any aspect of teaching and learning by engaging in action research and contributing to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).
Faculty will meet once a month with core members of EduCATE or as part of an Action Learning Set. Through a peer-based structure, participants will form a Community of Practice as they develop, discuss, collaborate, and support each other while working through personal goals and a research project. Participants will have the opportunity to observe and provide feedback to their peers in a classroom environment. Participants will also be invited to a celebration reception at the Teaching Commons where they will receive their EduCATE Certificate.
This course is aimed at all who teach at York: Contract Faculty, Contract Limited Appointments, Tenure-Stream, and Tenured Faculty are welcome (and encouraged!) to participate. The course must have a minimum of four (4) participants to run.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have attended all core EduCATE sessions (July, August, March);
- Attended all Action Learning Sets with peers (September, October, November, January, February, April, May);
- Participate in observation scheme;
- Present at TiF (or other T&L external conference on their EduCATE project);
- Final Report/Research Paper
Core Session Dates:
- July 24, 2018
- August 21, 2018
- March 5, 2019
- Teaching in Focus Conference – date TBD
- Participants will also attend sessions specific to their Action Learning Set, dates TBD at times mutually convenient the set.
Time: 10:00am to 12:30pm
Location: Victor Phillip Dahdaleh Building DB 1012
Please follow this link to apply to the Education, Curriculum, And Teaching Excellence (EduCATE) Course @ York.
For further information, inquiries or to join our SoTL Scholar Network, contact Mandy Frake-Mistak at email@example.com.