In order to receive their certificate, participants in the STA Program must complete the following tasks:
- Attend and participate fully in all course sessions (dates below)
- Plan and deliver two educational events (one per term)
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and acceptability of the events
- Plan and present a session at our annual Symposium “Supporting Teaching At York” (STAY)
- Collaborate with peers in the program to prepare and facilitate a workshop during the final session of the course
- Submit a final reflective report
Session dates for the 2017-2018 Program are as follows:
- Session 1: Monday September 18, 2017.
- Session 2: Monday November 27, 2017.
- Session 3: Monday January 15, 2018.
- Session 4: Monday March 26, 2018.
- STAY Symposium: Friday May 4, 2018.
All sessions will take place from 9am – 12:30pm in DB 1014.
To register your interest for the 2017-2018 Senior Teaching Assistant Program please complete the application form.
Please note that only applicants that have completed TACT and are available and can commit to all in-class dates (listed above) will be accepted into the program. Successful applicants will be notified by September 1, 2017.