This two semester course will be offered in the form of a monthly face to face meeting plus online activity over a period of 6 months (October-December, January-March). We are seeking EDC (Educational Developers’ Caucus) accreditation for the course to ensure it meets the highest standards of rigour.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Take a scholarly approach to teaching
- Produce artifacts for the course assessment which may be helpful when creating a teaching dossier
- Will join a community of York instructors to share ideas and approaches and learn from each other
- Consolidate our approaches to teaching with an increased knowledge of PSE theories and practice
Course Topics Include:
- Teaching Philosophies and the Changing Currents in the Postsecondary Provincial Context
- Student-Centred Learning
- Course Design with a particular focus on Constructive Alignment, Universal Design for Learning, and Backward Design
- Assessment of Student Learning and Feedback
- Evaluation of Teacher Performance, Threshold Concepts, and Signature Pedagogies
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- The final assessment for this course will be the completion and submission of an online Portfolio.
- October 5, 2017
- November 9, 2017
- December 7, 2017
- January 11, 2018
- February 8, 2018
- March 8, 2018
Time: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Location: Victor Phillip Dahdaleh Building DB 1014
Please follow this link to apply to the Teaching Academy.
For further information or inquiries about the Teaching Academy, please contact Dr. Celia Popovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.