The eLearning @ York course is for those who would like to explore and develop blended and online learning in their teaching. On this course you will gain the tools needed to adapt or develop a blended or fully online course. No experience of developing eLearning is required. This is a SEDA Accredited course. Upon the successfully completion of the course, participants will receive a A Certificate of Completion. Participants will also be awarded a SEDA Certificate for accomplishing additional SEDA assessment tasks. Please refer to the course guide listed below for the respective requirements for the Certificate of Completion and SEDA Certificate.
We are currently offering two sections of the eLearning course.
- eLearning@York: Designing blended instructions (Course Guide — Designing blended instructions)
- eLearning@York: Designing fully online instructions (Course Guide — Designing fully online instructions)
This is a blended learning course comprising of Two three-hour face-to-face sessions with three online modules in between. Through this course, participants are encouraged to reflect on their experiences as a student in a blended course that will pedagogically inform the development and design of their own blended or online project.
Participants should commit to be actively engaged in the course activities. It is anticipated that participants will spend on average 1-2 hours per week to complete the course.
We can also offer specially scheduled or adapted workshops for groups of 6 or more.
2015 Fall eLearning Course offerings
In Fall 2015, we will have 2 offerings of eLearning@York: Designing blended instructions and 2 offerings of eLearning@York: Designing fully online instructions.
eLearning@York: Designing fully online instructions
- Offering 1: Wednesday, September 30, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1014 & Wednesday, October 7, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1014
- Offering 2: Friday, November 6, 1-4.15 in TEL 1014 & Friday, November 13, 1-4.15 in TEL 1014
eLearning@York: Designing blended online instructions
- Offering 1: Tuesday, October 20, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1014 & Tuesday, October 27, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1014
- Offering 2: Wednesday, November 18, 1-4.15 in TEL 1014 & Wednesday, November 25, 1-4.15 in TEL 1014
To enroll in the course, please fill in the form below.