The eLearning @ York course is for those who would like to explore and develop blended and online learning in their teaching. On this course you will be introduced to a systematic process of designing a blended or fully online course. No experience of fully online or blended learning design is required. This is a SEDA Accredited course. Upon the successfully completion of the course, participants will receive a A Certificate of Completion by request. Participants will also be awarded a SEDA Certificate for accomplishing additional SEDA assessment tasks. Please refer to the course guide listed below for the respective requirements for the Certificate of Completion and SEDA Certificate.
This is an experiential learning course in which participants will combine pedagogical theories with first-hand personal experience in designing the fully/blended online instructions. This course takes a very hands-on approach where the participants will be guided to design different components of their online/blended courses. It is anticipated that by the end of the course, the participants should be able to finish a blue print of their online instructions and be ready to develop their instructions accordingly. In particular, upon the completion of the course, participants should be able to apply sound learning theories and pedagogies to build various key components of the fully online/blended course/instructional modules:
- Formulate learning outcomes
- Structure and sequence the course/module
- Choose activities and assessment tasks
We are currently offering two sections of the eLearning course.
- eLearning@York: Designing blended instructions (Course Guide — Designing blended instructions)
- eLearning@York: Designing fully online instructions (Course Guide — Designing fully online instructions)
This is a blended learning course comprising of Two three-hour face-to-face sessions followed by three self-paced online modules. Through this course, participants are encouraged to reflect on their experiences as a student in a blended course that will pedagogically inform the development and design of their own blended or online project.
Participants should commit to be actively engaged in the course activities. It is anticipated that participants will spend on average 1-2 hours per week to complete the course.
We can also offer specially scheduled or adapted workshops for groups of 6 or more.
2015-2016 eLearning Course offerings
In the 2015-2016 academic year, we will have multiple offerings of eLearning@York: Designing blended instructions and eLearning@York: Designing fully online instructions.
Course schedule and registration for Winter 2016
eLearning@York: Designing fully online instructions
- Offering 1: Monday, January 18, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1014 & Monday, January 25, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1009
- Offering 2: Thursday, February 4, 1.00-4.15 in TEL 1014 & Thursday, February 11, 1.00-4.15 in TEL 1014 CANCELLED
- Offering 3: Tuesday, April 5, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1014 & Tuesday, April 12, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1014
eLearning@York: Designing blended online instructions
- Offering 1: Designing blended instructions: Monday, February 22, 1-4.15 in TEL 1014 & Monday, February 29, 1-4.15 in TEL 1012 CANCELLED
- Offering 2: Designing blended instructions: Thursday, April 14, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1009 & Thursday, April 21, 9.15-12.30 in TEL 1014
To enroll in Winter 2016 eLearning@York course sessions, please fill in the form: Registration Form