Supervising Graduate Students at York
The Teaching Commons and the Faculty of Graduate Studies are pleased to offer two half day workshops for Doctorate and Masters Supervisors at York University.
The two workshops are complementary, one in the Fall and another in the Winter semester. Both workshops are offered on two different dates. Supervisors are strongly encouraged to attend both workshops.
The learning outcomes for the workshops are:
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the key issues in graduate supervision
- Discuss FGS guidance for successful supervision
- Identify examples of good practice in graduate supervision
- Articulate the key issues regarding mental health and graduate supervision
- Consider program wide improvements to graduate supervision
Fall workshops will take place on:
Thursday, November 16, 2017 in the Victor Phillip Dahdaleh Bldg. in room BB 1014 (formerly the TEL Bldg.)
9:00am – 12:00pm
1:00pm – 4:00pm
Please visit the following link to register: REGISTRATION